Monday, December 22, 2008

On the Bodaciousness of the Bible

From a card I just sent to my Godson:

"I've personally, ultimately found the Bible ... to be the most intriguing and engaging Story I've ever read of
murder and the meaning of life, creation and crime, Truth and treason, wars and worship, honor and brutal honesty, deception and destruction, action and adultery, envy and evil, violation and vengeance, suspense and seduction, the silly and the supernatural, sin and sacrifice, romance and redemption, edification and escapes, fighting and forgiveness--and most of that's just by the time you get through Genesis!"*

*a couple years ago, I recall hearing Bishop N. T. Wright say something similar, but failing to track down the exact quote from him, I had to try to come up with something else.

No comments: